NATIONAL HOMEBUYER FUND
Buying a home presents challenges for purchasers and lenders alike. Our services assist homeowners...and lenders too. With our pre- and post-purchase financial counseling for first time homebuyers, lenders and other banking institutions have chosen to partner with us to help homeowners navigate the process more easily, while simultaneously helping lenders focus their time and energy on working with prequalified individuals.
The UnidosUS Counseling Connection is a telephone-based counseling center where each phone counselor is trained to help assess the consumer's individual situation, answer questions, address concerns, and establish a plan to become a successful homebuyer. In addition to providing services over the phone, the UnidosUS Counseling Connection can assist consumers by connecting them with a local nonprofit housing counseling agency for in-person assistance if they prefer.
How Lenders benefit:
- Opportunity to take your existing leads lists and have them vetted giving you pre-qualified individuals.
- Receive additional leads that come in to the UnidosUS Counseling Connection telephone line as one of our partners.
- Never say no.... refer clients that are not ready and we can get them ready for you over time, allowing you to maintain a relationship and a pipeline of leads that may return ready for homeownership.
- Reduced risk of mortgage default for referred borrowers.
- Increase efficiency in the lending process, as the UnidosUS Counseling Connection helps the individual buyer not only navigate the process but collect proper support documentation
- COST for services sponsored by NHF.
How Homeowners Benefit:
- Assistance in financial planning and preparation pre- and post-purchase
- Loan pre-qualification review before meeting with a lender
- Reduced risk of mortgage delinquency with fundamental budget counseling.
- Little or no cost to referred consumer.