Sign up for free Financial Coaching! Click Here // ¡Inscríbase para asesoría financiera gratuita! Haga clic aquí
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT NETWORK
- Provides access to financial coaching in communities where the service is limited, if available at all
- Provides consumers access to phone/virtual counseling to match the busy lifestyles of working families and to align with changing demands among consumers
- Integrates financial education into organizations that are trusted members of their communities, and helps reach people who likely would not independently pursue a financial education program, engage with financial education programs, but who would benefit from them nonetheless
- Access to immediate/reliable referral via our call center
- Access to financial products that are not known or that meet varying client needs
UnidosUS Financial Empowerment Network in partnership with the Financial Clinic are conducting a pilot program that seeks to integrate financial capability counseling and strategies into a variety of social service programs helping to educated and coach financially insecure communities. Through this partnership UnidosUS Affiliates will provide one of two levels of financial capability service. Affiliates who engage at one level (called Tier 1) will embed financial capability into their existing programs and provide an extensive amount of light-touch services that make sense given the context of the program. Affiliates who engage at the second level (called Tier 2) will provide individualized, ongoing financial coaching services over the phone or virtually to those clients who started working with a Tier 1 Affiliate and want a deeper engagement in financial capability services. Clients will be smoothly connected from one Affiliate to another through the UnidosUS Counseling Connection call center where financial counselors act as agents and will screen clients to ensure the best referral for financial coaching. To date the FinancialWorks program has outreached over 8,600 clients. For more information click here
Funding has been increased for another year, with support for the Chicago-area Affiliates, and for continued work on the question of how housing counseling organizations can integrate discussions of financial products into the counseling process.
There is a small ongoing initiative with three Affiliates who are using a financial education curriculum in their immigrant-serving programs.